Prevent Hospital Billing and Insurance Problems
How to Prevent Billing and Insurance Problems After a Hospital Stay
Five Useful Tips
- Carefully read every bill. Do not assume that your insurance plan will take care of this for you!
- Always record the name and phone number of any insurance or hospital billing person you speak to.
- Read and review your insurance benefits.
- Keep all invoices, receipts, and bills in chronological order in case you need to refer back to them in the future.
- If you notice a billing problem or do not understand the bill, call immediately!
Insurance plans often have strict guidelines as to when a resolution can be made on claims. The maximum length of time is usually 120 days from the date of service.