What is a stroke?
- A stroke occurs when the blood supply to the brain gets cut off
- The blood supply to the brain can get cut off in two ways:
- An artery bursts and bleeds, called a hemorrhagic stroke
- A hemorrhagic stroke is a burst pipe
What is a TIA?
- A TIA, or Transient Ischemic Attack, is a stroke that comes and goes quickly
- A TIA happens when there is a brief stop in blood supply to the brain
- TIAs can be warning signs for future strokes!
What are stroke and TIA symptoms?
Time to call 911
Spot a stroke F.A.S.T.
Neurological Conditions and Practices